Cranston, Rhode Island
Saccoccio & Associates, Inc.
Goody, Clancy &
Historic Restoration and New Construction
Originally built around 1895 and run as a State Alms House, the five existing
buildings were completely renovated and a new addition was created to house the
State Department of Labor and numerous other state agencies. The scope of work
included cutting out and repointing 75% of the entire granite structures, repointing
brick, new insulated mahogany windows, new granite sills to match existing, new
lead coated copper roof and new copper trim to match existing materials.
A two-story open stairwell constructed with hand-carved oak rails adorns the entrance
to one of the original buildings. |
Tunnels and walkways connect the existing five buildings and the new building
at the General Center Complex.